• These children are just beginning to sit in group activities for longer periods of time and enjoy a more
• They are still practicing
social skills such as sharing and
taking turns through cooperative
• Caregivers will help children at this stage label their feelings so they can begin to use words to assert themselves.
• Emergent math skills will
consist of counting and shape recognition.
• Pre reading skills include daily
story time and having
books available for the children
to freely explore at all times.